Refinedwiki - remove dashboard option from menu bar

Liesa Pugsley August 20, 2014

I am putting together a prototype using refinedwiki original theme. The design requires that we remove the dashboard option from the menu bar. I searched the refinedwiki documentation and found a reference suggesting that the single column option under category menu would remove dashboard. I have tried this and the dashboard option still appears.

Also, is it possible to alter the 'dashboard' option into 'Home' or a house icon?

I am using Confluence 5.5 with the latest update of refinedwiki.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Andersen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

Hi Liesa,

In the latest release (4.1 or 4.1.1) there’s added support for renaming the main dashboard into something else (e.g. Home). This is done from the Theme Configuration (Confluence Admin -> RefinedWiki Original Theme -> Configuration) under the category section. From here you can also enable the setting ‘Display dashboard icon’ in order to show a house icon for the dashboard in the category menu.

To hide the dashboard button entirely you would have to write some custom css in Admin -> Look and feel -> Stylesheets:

#rw_dashboard_link{
  display:none !important;
}

Please note that this will only hide the button itself, the dashboard will still be available if navigated to directly.

Hope this clears things up for you and answers your question!

Best regards,

Dennis

Liesa Pugsley September 18, 2014

Yes - that does it. I thought it was something simple. I just overlooked the theme configuration when I was setting up the categories.

pumin wuvanich October 7, 2014

Dennis, I renamed the word Dashboard to Home. However, only logged-in users see "Home", but anonymous users (not logged in) still sees "Dashboard"

Dennis Andersen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Hi Pumin, I don't have this problem locally so maybe it's a bug. Could you please raise a ticket on https://refinedwiki.atlassian.net/browse/RWOT/ and we could help you debug it from there?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events