Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Reference specific Xray Test Case Dataset value(s) in Xray Cloud Execution Results JSON file Edited

I'm presently creating a TestCafe Reporter Xray Cloud JSON plugin to facilitate automatically uploading our TestCafe automated test execution results into our Xray Cloud instance using the provided Xray Cloud REST API v2.

The repository for my effort is here. I will publish it to NPM as well under the same name when I feel it is ready for wider consumption.

One of my goals is to link the data-driven TestCafe test iteration(s) to specific Dataset value(s) defined in Xray. Perhaps I've simply overlooked it, but I don't see a mechanism for doing so documented in the Xray Cloud Xray JSON format documentation.

If I have simply overlooked it, please point me in the right direction. If it is not possible at this time, I'd appreciate that information as well.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Conde Marketplace Partner Jun 22, 2021

Hi @Paul M Edwards

Yes indeed, great work :)

I'm assuming you are importing these results into manual tests as Xray does not yet support datasets on Generic or BDD tests.

Also, the Xray JSON format does not yet support datasets. Actually, we will start working on this feature shortly. It is scheduled to be released on the next minor version of Xray (v2.1) that we plan to release at the beginning of August. 

Please check the following issue. It contains a simple proposal of the format to import iteration results.

https://jira.xpand-it.com/browse/XRAYCLOUD-3045

Best Regards,

Bruno Conde

Yes, our TestCafe automated tests link to the Xray manual steps.

That is as I suspected regarding the JSON format not yet supporting datasets. I've subscribed to notifications for that enhancement. The format looks suitable.

Thanks @Bruno Conde.

Like Sergio Freire likes this
Like Paul M Edwards likes this

Looks like there's a couple extra characters encoded at the end of the URL you provided, resulting in a 404... truncating them directs to the correct page.

https://docs.getxray.app/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31621827

Great work @Paul M Edwards !

Let me ask our PO to help you out :)

Like Sergio Freire likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

🤺 Atlympic Event: Partnerships

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

20 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you