Reducing the number of versions when importing to eazyBI

Elyashiv Grosser April 27, 2023

Hi,

In our use case of using Jira Software, we are using a very large amount of versions for each Jira-project. We have multiple Jira-projects used in parallel, and each of them, generally, has similar versions.

For example, projects A & B both have versions a,b,c,d,e, etc.

When importing the projects to eazyBI we have issues with our method. 

1. There are too many versions imported, so eazyBI is having a hard time handling them. And the versions are identical in their names, because version a is located both in projects A & B

2. Practically, in each filter of the data, I don't need all the versions, but rather only the used versions, but even though eazyBI knows to give only the used ones, due to the numerous number of versions, I can't use aggregation even to group together a specific group of versions.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Elyashiv Grosser
All the information in eazyBI is imported based on data from the imported issues. So one of the options is to use the JQL filter to limit imported issues and, thus, the imported versions:  https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira#DatafromJira-JQLqueryfilter

Another option, if you have multiple versions shared between projects, is to use the "Fix Version" hierarchy by Name:
Version_by_name.png

best, 
Gerda // support@eazybi.com

Elyashiv Grosser April 29, 2023

Hi @Gerda Grantiņa

I already used both methods you suggested, but it's not enough for us. I tried this before I opened the community thread.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events