Recent Attachments

Deleted user March 15, 2019

Hello,

Is there a way to use the changelog (automation for JIRA) to see if attachment list has changed when a ticket has been updated?

I am trying to use a compare condition to do this.

What I want to do is get a list of attachments that were recently added to a ticket.  If I can't do that, then I just want to see if the attachments list changed

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2019

Hi Kavin,

So you can use our 'Field value changed' trigger to monitor the attachment field for changes already: https://docs.automationforjira.com/getting-started/triggers.html#field-value-changed

However we don't support the use-case yet, to figure out which attachments specifically were added/removed: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-797

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Andreas

Deleted user March 22, 2019

Hello @andreas 

OK I have tried using the "Field value changed" but I have an issue with it.  Allow me to set some context of what I am trying to do.  So a customer of mine emails me an issue to our Service desk project.  The email has an attachment.  When the ticket is raised in service desk, I have a rule that creates a linked issue into our Software Project so the developers are aware of the ticket and can work on it.  In this case I want to ensure the attachment is copied across to the Software ticket.

Secondly if my customer continues to send me more information on a ticket via email, this as you know will be added as a comment to the service desk project.  I then want the comment to be copied to the software ticket so my developers are aware.

So to try and achieve this I have created three rules.  The 1st rule creates a linked ticket in the software board.  This executes fine.  

The 2nd rule has a trigger based on a comment being added to a support ticket.  I then take this comment and copy it to the software ticket.  This works fine.

The 3rd rule is taking any attachments (using the @"Field Value Changed" trigger to see if attachments has changed)  and create a perm link to the software ticket (I know we can't copy or move attachments).  Its this rule that does NOT work.  What is interesting, is that if a support agent attaches the ticket manually via the Helpdesk, the attachment is "copied" to the software ticket (that is the rule I created works).

So my question is why would the 3rd rule work when playing around with attachments inside Service desk but not when the attachment is on an email?  This is why I was asking the original question about using the "Compare Condition" to see if the changelog tracks if the attachment list has changed.  I can then at least copy (or create links) of ALL attachments (as I can't track what was recently added) to the software ticket in its comments section.

Hope that makes sense

Like Nicole Mueller likes this
Deleted user April 6, 2019

hello any chance of a reply?

Deleted user April 6, 2019

hello @andreas 

Nicole Mueller February 24, 2020

Hi Kavin Joysury

I am working on a similar task, but only trying to copy the attachments which are just added to the linked issue and not ALL attachments. Did you find any solution for this? Thanks for help in case you did find any solution.

Cheers Nicole

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events