REST request for field based on JIRA Database Values Plugin

Dmitry A. Lesin June 11, 2014

Hello everybody!

Is any way to change a field based on JIRA Database Values Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.deblauwe.jira.plugin.database-values-plugin) with HTTP request to JIRA REST interface?

We tried to find answer to this question without any success. If we send the value as "key:...", we see a response with information that only a string can be sent.

If we send a value as a string (never mind, string value or ID from database), we can see a message "Unknown ID: <value>" in JIRA's field editor.

Is it possible to set the field of this type by REST request or we can not use this plugin for our needs?

Thank you very much in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Dmitry A. Lesin June 16, 2014

Yes, you are right! Thank you!

To correctly set the value of this data type, the value must be an ID from database. Besides, it must be in string format. For example, success will be if I use in REST request something like next:

"customfield_10870":"1"

Error {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_10870":"Operation value must be a string"}} will be returned if I use:

"customfield_10870":1

If "1" isn't an existing ID from database then there's no error response from JIRA server but you can find a message in the Web GUI for the updating issue like next:

Environment New: Unknown id: 1

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

The plugin stores the primary key in JIRA itself, so if you also do this through the REST api, then I guess it should work, but I have not tried it myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events