Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

REST API for automation

We have to create and keep up-to-date a set of about 50 automation rules. We'd prefer to automate this via the REST API. Does this automation plugin offer any access to read/write the automation rules?

5 answers

I'm also interested in the Automation REST API, except for for Cloud.

And would be intersted in testing it as beta

Me too, its actually quite urgent for me...

1 vote
Nick Menere Community Leader Jun 11, 2018

Hi Peter,

We currently do offer an offical REST api to mange rules but I have raised a ticket to do this at: AUT-999 - Official REST Api

This is going to be a little more difficult in Cloud than Server but should still be possible using web tokens.

Are you after Cloud or Server?

If you are on Server, it be pretty easy to reverse engineer our REST api. For management it is pretty straight forward GET/PUT/POST stuff.

Though this isn't officially supported.

Cheers,

Nick [Automation for Jira]

Co-Founder

We're after Server here. Could you point me towards the REST API endpoint, then I can play around with this ;)

Even if it isn't officially supported, this should help.

I'm glad about any sort of documentation (list of endpoints, whatever) you can provide.

Thanks for the help!

Like Martin Cleaver likes this

Hi Nick,

We need to retrieve the Automation for Jira audit log to integrate it with our app. We saw this API currently used in the Audit Log section

https://automation.atlassian.com/pro/rest/GLOBAL/audit?cv=1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT&xdm_deprecated_addon_key_do_not_use=com.codebarrel.addons.automation&lic=none&admin=true&cp=&xdm_e=https://roninpixels.atlassian.net&xdm_c=channel-com.codebarrel.addons.automation__cb-jira-automation-rules&jwt=[XXX]&limit=50&offset=0

But we cannot use it in connect. Any idea how we could get the audit log?

Thanks!

any documentation on how this could be achieved would be highly appreciated

Likewise, AI need this for Data Center!

Hi all, I would be very keen on this for Jira Cloud. Please advise on how to 'play with' automation rules and configurations via the REST API? Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - Spring 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

202 views 3 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you