REST API for Dashboard, Specific Metrics

Gao Fu July 23, 2013

Hi, I have been looking through all the REST API docs that I can find and from what I can see it's a bit limited, I am a bit of a beginner in programming with API's and don't really know what I am looking for so I thought I'd just ask if anyone can give me a push in the right direction.

What I would like to do, is create a PHP dashboard for our JIRA on demand. the main function of this dashboard is to pull data on each of our users, how many items are assigned to them, how many items they have completed in the past x days or weeks, and things like that. They use the Greenhopper or Agile I think it's called on the on-demand. End goal is pretty much a leader board to give some "measure" of performance of the devs

So, from:
https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#idp1243856

Which of these are the ones I should be looking into to get this data?

Cheers!

1 answer

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2013

I am personally not nearly skilled enough to provide you with an answer on how to use the APIs on generating such content. However, wouldn't it fit your needs to create a dashboard in JIRA, and use theFilter Results Gadget to display content related to the users? The gadget works through search filters, so you could for instance write a filter like "project = x AND status = y AND assignee = currentuser()", assign this filter to the gadget and place it on the dashboard. The "currentuser()" will ensure the filter runs on the current logged in user, which means you create the dashboard and filter once, and can be used by all users the filter and dashboard has been shared with, displaying the data relevant to them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events