R4J data security and management

Rebecca Lawless April 10, 2022

Hi, I am investigating the R4J Jira plug-in and was wondering if R4J generates its own data or if it just leverages Jira's? If R4J generates it's own data then I need to understand where the data resides (I assume on the same server as our Jira environment) but then who can now access it? Basically I will need to answer a lot of data security and privacy law questions and I was wondering if anyone had done a similar assessment (ideally if you are based in Australia) or if Ease Solutions can provide me their T&C's directly? Rebecca.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

Hello @Rebecca Lawless ,

thank you very much for your question about data security of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira. I´m Bernhard, the product manager of Ease Solutions.

R4J stores some data on our own server:

• the tree structure is maintained/stored via Jira internal ID´s only. So no issue keys or issue details stored
  • the coverage configuration (views) is saved with your Jira queries (e.g. JQL, filter names or project/issue type definitions). No Jira issue details stored for the coverage view.
  • In future we have to keep more data (e.g. baseline content) on one of our server, there will be an extra announcement when we do so.
  • The current storage is an encrypted AWS server/database, located in Europe.
  • There is no option to store the data on other location due to missing data residency support for Jira apps.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please don´t hesitate to contact our support team for any further question: https://support.easesolutions.com/

Best Regards, 

Bernhard Doleschel

(Ease Solutions)

Rebecca Lawless April 11, 2022

Hi @Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_ - many thanks for your quick reply. That's very helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events