Quick Actions and Filters for tickets in Microsoft Teams for Jira Cloud application

Hello Community!,

To make your experience with Jira Cloud application even better,  we want to introduce to a new feature that is available now!

Please meet the Quick Actions and Quick Filters you can now use for your pinned tabs.

Quick Actions

With Quick Actions now you can change the StatusPriority or Assignee directly from Jira issues list. This feature is available on your personal Issues tab and in tab shared with your team.

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 14.25.24.png

To make a change you need just to select a value from the drop down and it will automatically update the Jira ticket

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 14.25.50.png

Also, you will receive a confirmation about the successful change in the bottom of the screen

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 14.28.48.png

Quick Filters

With Quick Filters you can do additional filtering of issues on teams tab directly. You can select Project, Assignee, Status and this filter will be immediately applied to the results.

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 14.42.19.png

Please note that the selection will substitute the originally selected filter for the tab. But changes are saved only locally for you and will not affect the view of other team members or Jira filter.

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 14.42.41.png

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 14.42.50.png

Next time you visit the page last selection will be used. Also, you can always clear the selection and the original filter will be applied.

With power of Quick Filters and Quick Actions you can manage your tickets directly in Microsoft Teams Jira Cloud application faster and easier.

20 comments

Comment

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2022

Thanks for this, @Volodymyr Batrukh  - this will be a great help I am sure of it! Question, is it possible to be notified on all actions that take place on all issues within the filter only that i have configured and used on a tab?

Also, can I see all articles like this RE the Teams-Jira integration?

Thank you again

Like Tammy.Moskal likes this
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2022

Will it work if the person needs to enter custom fields on transition?

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

Hi @Yatish Madhav 

So far Microsoft Teams for Jira Cloud (Jira Cloud) application supports personal and channel notifications.
By using personal notifications you will be notified about the updates to the issues where you are assignee, reporter or you are watching the issue. You will receive personal notification into personal conversation with a bot. Please call help bot command or type notifications directly in conversation with a bot, to configure your notifications.

By using channel notifications you can configure notifications about updates to the issue for specific project. You will receive notifications in the channel or group where the notifications where configured. Please call @Jira Cloud help or @Jira Cloud notifications in group conversation (note that the app should be installed in that conversation, before you can call it).

For example:

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 12.52.21.png

For your scenario I would advice to configure channel notifications with similar JQL you are using for your filter. If filter contains several projects, you can configure the same notification filter per project.
If you don't want to disturb all the team members with notifications you can create separate channel in a team (muted by others) or you can create group conversation with dummy user and configure channel notifications there. After that you will be notified about any changes to the tickets defined in the notifications filter.

As for the articles, we don't have a lot of community posts related to this integration, but you can try to search by tags ms-teams.

Regards,
Volodymyr

Like # people like this
Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

Hi @Move Work Forward 

The quick actions feature is working just with predefined Jira issue fields - assignee, priority and status.
If user wants to change any other fields on transition, they will need to open edit issue screen (by clicking on the issue row in the table) and change all needed custom fields.

Regards,
Volodymyr

Like # people like this
tahmed October 26, 2022

Thank you, This is very helpfull  -JIRA Cloud.

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2022

Thanks @Volodymyr Batrukh  - I only see site (Choose one of your Jira Sites) and filter (Choose one of your saved filters) selection when I add the Jira app on a Teams channel or group. How do I get to that image you shared, ie. group where the notifications where configured for a specific project? I only see this (Apologies, I dont mean for this comments to be support requests):

Screenshot from 2022-10-26 13-01-09.png

I do get the personal/Bot notifications for my configured notifications though.

UPDATE: Apologires I did not see the part about calling @Jira help ... that showed me my route to take! Happy with your response @Volodymyr Batrukh 

Thank you, again

Like Volodymyr Batrukh likes this
Danielle Lopez October 26, 2022

I am not very tech savvy which is why I would love this feature. Can you direct me to where I can connect to my company's jira profile and link it to this teams app? This would be an amazing feature for myself and my team here. 

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2022

Hi @Danielle Lopez 

You can install the Jira Cloud application by opening this URL - https://teams.microsoft.com/l/app/aa183fd9-7104-46c4-af9f-9ee9b81d717e

Or search it directly in Teams application:

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 15.04.35.png

Also, here you can find short intro how to use the application.

If installing of applications is blocked by your organization, you will need to contact your tenant admin.
If you will have additional question regarding this integration feel free to contact Atlassian support.

Regards,
Volodymyr

Like # people like this
Kerli Loopman October 26, 2022

I checked it in Teams and it seems very good. :)

Might start using it. Have to see what others think about it. 

Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2022

@Volodymyr Batrukh I change the status which requires input fields on transition, is this covered?

Dietra Winkfield October 26, 2022

Is there a way to be able to see the due date as an option for the columns?

Brie Brooks October 26, 2022

This is great buuuuut, still don't have the ability to see the due date in a column...I can't use Jira Cloud within Teams without a due date column as I'm not going to click into each task and see what the due date is. When is this going to be added!?

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2022

Hi @Dietra Winkfield @Brie Brooks 

Thank you for the comments! So far we are showing fields on the table that are common to majority of projects and issue types. Due date is not available for all issues, but we will consider adding it to the view.
We will keep you posted If there is any information.

Regards,
Volodymyr

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2022

@Move Work Forward  the scenario with required input fields on transition is not covered. The app is not supporting that.

Daniel Dolinov October 26, 2022

How do I add channel notifications?  I have channels where I added Jira Cloud Tabs, but I do not see where to add Channel notifications.

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2022

Hi @Daniel Dolinov 

In order to configure channel notifications, please go to the channel where you have added a tab, then start new conversation and call help command by mentioning the bot - @Jira Cloud help  (like any other member of the chat). After that click on notifications button. You will see new popup window where you can configure notifications for this specific channel.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 09.33.58.png

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 09.41.26.png
Please note that you can configure notifications per project. So if you want to receive the same kind of notifications for several projects in this channel, you will need just to add another configuration. Also, you can change the configuration anytime later and mute or remove specific conflagration if you don't want to receive notifications anymore.

After saving configuration, bot will send a message to a channel notifying what type of notifications here configured:
Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 09.43.14.png

I think we will prepare another article with mode detailed instruction how to use notifications. But please fill free to live a feedback via Jira Cloud bot (type feedback in 1 to 1 conversation with a bot) or contact Atlassian support.

Regards,
Volodymyr Batrukh

Regards,
Volodymyr

Like Kalin U likes this
Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2022

Hi @Dietra Winkfield@Brie Brooks

We have added new column Due Date to issues tables.
To add it please change the settings of the table like shown on the image below as it is disabled by default:

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 18.33.13.png

Regards,
Volodymyr

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2022

Thanks for that @Volodymyr Batrukh !

Akira Togawa November 9, 2022

Hello - is there a way to disable the quick filters and quick actions in the MS Teams tab? We have set the permissions of a filter to view only but it is still allowing users to change the status of issues in MS Teams. 

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2022

Hi @Akira Togawa 

Nope, there is no way to disable Quick Actions and Quick Filters feature. If you don't want to allow users to change the status on the ticket you should configure edit and transition permissions  for the projects in the filter. As with Quick Actions user just can change the fields a bit faster (if they have Jira permissions to do so). In other case they can just click on a row open a ticket and change the status from another view.

Also, Quick filters are not affecting original filter, configured for the tab. Filter selection is stored only locally for individual user and not sending anything to Jira itself. To view original filter data user will need just to clear all the selection.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or or contact Atlassian support.

Regards,
Volodymyr

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events