QR Code - UTF-8 Problem

Mathias July 26, 2019

Hi,

we're currently rolling out Insight 7.3 and found a problem now. 

Our Datalogic Gryphon Scanners (unfortunatly rather old, but rock solid) cant interpret the UTF-8 Header in the right way.

This means everytime we scan a generated QR code it starts with the text 00000026 (which seems to mean UTF-8 encoded text is following) and our barcode scanner doens't interpret is and just pritns it out. 

Is it possible to change the behavior how that QR code is generated to not have that header in it? Or anyone got experience with datalogic gryphon scanners for that use case?

Thanks

Mathias

1 answer

0 votes
Tobias August 14, 2020

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue here: always a leading "\000026". Our scanner is a Gryphon GM44XX. Until I found your question I was not sure if this is an issue with Insight or with the scanner. When we started to use the Insight QR codes a long time ago, there were no issues.

Unfortunately I have no QR code printed at former times at hands. So I tested with QR codes of the same format from other sources. Only my Insight QR codes show the described behaviour.

Actually we are using Insight 8.4.1.

Have you found a solution to this? Maybe there is some workaround on the scanner side feasible?

Thanks and kind regards,

Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events