Project summary page blank for anonymous user with BulkClone Plugin

Deleted user September 28, 2014

Hi,

we are currently running JIRA 6.1.7 and have several project which are read-only for anonymous users (Permission "Browse Project" set to "Anyone").

With the BulkClone Plugin V1.0.10 installed the project summary page has gone blank for anonymous users. When the plugin is deactivated everything works fine again.

The Logfile shows that the BulkClone plugin causes a null pointer exception:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.DefaultGroupManager.getGroupNamesForUser(DefaultGroupManager.java:163)
at com.lbcg.jira.plugins.bulkclone.BulkClone.showPanel(BulkClone.java:89)

Is this problem known and is there a solution for it?

For your further information: The project role "BulkCloners" has been created and bulk cloning works perfectly.

Thx and best regards,

Joerg

5 answers

0 votes
Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

All,

A fix with version 1.0.12 has now been published to adress this problem

Happy BulkCloning

Lars

0 votes
Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2014

Ok, I need to know how your JIRA environment is setup in order to be able to replicate the error.

I guess it is "Publicly" setup, but what more properties are unique?

Kind Regards

Lars Broden

0 votes
John Engquist October 31, 2014

I too am seeing the same issue as Jörg.  The project information along with all of the available tabs are no longer available when the plugin is enabled.  When the plugin is disabled, all of the project information and the appropriate tabs are then visible to the user.  We have been using an older version of the plugin (1.0.6) successfully in another instance but the version history does not go back that far.

Any information to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John

0 votes
Deleted user October 14, 2014

Lars,

thanks for your response.

The problem is not that the BulkClone Option is missing but actually the entire "project summary" page is blank. Usually even for an anonymous (not logged in "guest" user) the project overview with summary, versions, activity stream etc., is displayed (which is when I deactivate the Bulk Clone Plugin).

For logged in users everything works fine.

So actually the issue is the plugin causes other functionality to fail (as I commented in my original question caused by an NPE).

I hope you can help me on this.

Best regards,

Jörg

0 votes
Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2014

Jörg,

When you say "anonymous users" what exactly do you mean in this case?

The portlet only shows "BulkClone" for either; Project Lead, User in Group "BulkClone" or Project role "BulkCloners", am I missing out on something obvious here?

Best Regards

Lars

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events