Project Metrics With ProFields

Deleted user January 26, 2021

I'm doing a trial of Profields to try and get a better handle on project usage reporting in Jira. My boss has given me a a list of metrics he would like to see. They almost all seem to be counting how many issues are returned by a JQL search.

I've done some poking around on here and on the deiser site and haven't found much that I can use. I don't really understand Groovy so everything is guess and try.

Basically, is there a way to create a scripted field that takes JQL and the project and returns how many issues are returned by the JQL for that project? That way I could (hopefully) use a similar script for each scripted field and just switch out the JQL that returns the issues.

For reference, here are the metrics he has requested:

• How many issues were created in a project in the past 30 days
  • How many issues were closed in a project in the past 30 days
  • How many issues were created in a project this year
  • How many issues were created in a project last year
  • Average age of currently open tickets (This one seems complicated and we can live without it)
  • Number of currently open tickets
    • (this one is given as an example by deiser and works well)

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Hi Ben, 

I'm Fede Baronti from DEISER's Customer support. We are really glad that you are trialing Profields and hope it meets your and your company's needs.

Now, regarding your question, there is a way of creating scripts with JQL. Here you can find a page form Profields' documentation where we explain a few script examples and how to create them: https://confluence.deiser.com/display/PROFIELDS/.Script+Examples+v7.0.0

The first one: "Number of blocking bugs in QA" can be of help as it uses a JQL in order to retrieve that information. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers!

Fede. 

Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Also, keep in mind that we would be really happy to assist you in any further concerns you might have about Profields. You can open a Support Request right here: https://jira.deiser.com/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/1

1 vote
Answer accepted
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2021

In addition to @Fede Baronti -Deiser-'s suggestion, there might be a simpler way of building this reports without scripting.

You can also use project functions in JQLs to return the lists of the issues that you mention. Have a look at the 4th point in this link.

The examples are different, but I think instead of using other project fields you can simply grab the project ID to return all the issues in that project, you can then narrow down the JQL by creation date.

For the average age you will need scripting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events