Project Configurator is exporting extremely large files

Katherine Beckman July 29, 2022

We are working with a third-party who using Project Configurator to export our JIRA instance. However, the exports are coming out as 22-25 GB zipped files. We cannot work with these files. Need an explanation as to why these are so big? We are only exporting one project with minimal attachments. 

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Hi @Katherine Beckman ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you have zip file, it means you are also exporting attachments. I believe this is the problem. It should be possible to export only configuration and process the attachments manually.

Katherine Beckman August 2, 2022

That is not the case here - attachments are amounting to about 100MB total. That does not explain the 22GB zip files we received. 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Have you tried to extract the zip file and look into it? Still I would recommend you to export only configuration without attachments and see how big the xml file will be.

Katherine Beckman August 2, 2022

Yes, the bulk of the size in the 22GB zip file comes from a "data" folder. The attachments folder in the 22GB zip file amounts to almost nothing comparatively. Already did export a config file without attachments and it is unusable as well since it exports the entire configuration of the other platform... 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2022

To be honest, I don't understand your answer much, I'm sorry.

If you remove attachment files from the zip file, is it still large? If so, which file is the largest now?

Why is the config file without attachments not usable? What do you mean by "it exports the entire configuration of the other platform"?

You can also contact Adaptavist support to help you with this.

Katherine Beckman August 4, 2022

Yes, if I remove attachments from the zip file it is still large. The largest folder is a "data" folder. 

The config file contains the config for every project on the platform we are migrating from. We just need our one project. But we have details for every project on the old platform. 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2022

Thank you. 

It should be possible to export only one project instead of all.

I would recommend you to contact the vendor's support and send them your export file, because it will need more analysis and without the file it will be hard to help you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events