Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project Automation Rule - frequency trigger

Hi,  I created number of automation rules recently and don't see the results.  For example I created a rule "Copy status updates across Linked Issues" and added a comment to parent issue and the comment was not copied to the linked issue.  

The rules is made to whenever a status update is made, copy that same status to any relevant linked issues.

This is not happening automatically.  Any feedback is greately appreciated.  

1 answer

1 vote
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Nov 12, 2020

Hi @Allen Babroudi ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Just to be sure - did you use this automation feature?

If so, there is a great audit log for each rule, where you should be able to find out, what happened during each run and if there were any errors.

Please let me know, if you are able to get any info from there. Thank you.

Hi Hana,  thx for the feedback.  Yes I'm using automation feature.  I did check the audit log and no errors found.   

I created this rule when "if parent issue is completed, close all sub-tasks" based on the instructions on this link 

https://docs.automationforjira.com/rule-playground/index.html#/rule/112178

This appears not working since I have number parent stories with subtasks where parent story is complete but the automation didn't change the subtasks status to "Done".

I created this rule yesterday where the parent story was closed a month ago.  Can it be that the system doesn't go back in history and close the subtasks?

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Nov 13, 2020

Hi @Allen Babroudi

definitely. There is "When: Issue transitioned" (ig issue transitioned trigger), which means, this rule is executed after some issue is transitioned. If there were some issues transitioned before the automation rule was published, these won't be affected.

Thank you @Hana Kučerová .  This make sense.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

116 views 2 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you