Proforma (DC) cannot select custom language for a form

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to configure a Service Management portal with internationalization option using a custom language (Bulgarian) added to the Data Center Jira instance. The users on the portal can select this language in their profile and the UI is correctly translated. However I am trying to create some custom forms for the requests, using Proforma app (recently acquired by Atlassian) and in the forms settings I cannot see the Bulgarian language as option for my forms. Has anyone else tried adding custom language to their Jira and using it in Proforma forms successfully? What could be the problem?

Thanks

Boyan

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Boyan Angelov ,

according to the documentation, Bulgarian is not a supported language within ProForma (yet).

See: https://docs.thinktilt.com/proforma/Internationalization.1646854263.html

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

Hi Dave,

Yeah, I saw that, but what I actually need is that the "Language" field in the Settings page of the forms gives me the ability to select all languages supported by the hosting Jira. I don't really need the setting of the forms to be localized, I need the form to be localized. For example now I can select in the Language "Russian" and set the form to contain all fields and texts in Bulgarian and if the customer on the portal selects Russian in their profile, they will see the correct form in Bulgarian (but everything else will be in Russian, so this is not really working). I don't see why Atlassian should not give me option to select all languages the users of Jira can select...

Cheers,

Boyan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events