Problems with workflow diagram plugin in Jira.

HopeJ August 31, 2011

I have just created a new workflow and which when I upload it to a project is not showing the diagram. The error I have got from the logs is this

658x356807x1 prsoq7 10.87.77.136 /plugins/servlet/com.onresolve.WorkflowDiagramServlet [jira.web.action.WorkflowDiagramServlet] Graphviz error:
(dot.exe:6352): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "Helvetica Oblique Not-Rotated 12", falling back to "Sans Oblique Not-Rotated 12", expect ugly output.

It works on other workflows ok?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

I think that's probably not the right error from the logs - I get that message logged every time the workflow is viewed and it doesn't stop the workflow displaying so there's probably another entry in the logs for the error that's causing the workflow not to display.

See JVIZ-23 for more info on the Pango-Warning - the plugin site is probably a better place to seek help / raise issues for this plugin rather than a general JIRA Q&A site. Check out other logged issues in case yours is a known problem - I had problems displaying workflows that had ampersands in their name so the first thing you could try is renaming your workflow to remove any potentially problematic characters such as ampersands and plus signs.

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

J Thomas is on the money... that warning is just a warning.

The ampersands bug is still outstanding... simple enough fix IIRC, just not got round to it yet.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2011

Also it's a lie, the output is not that ugly! If you find it ugly you can always use SVG or PDF.

HopeJ August 31, 2011

Removing the "&" and replacing it with "and" resolved my problem. Thank you

J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2011

Hint: you get points for accepting helpful answers :)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

BTW that problem (JVIZ-52) has been fixed in the latest and final release, 1.5.5.

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

Yep with 1.5.5 and Graphvix 2.28 it seems to be resolved for me (I was still having the issue with Graphvix 2.26.3)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

I think there are two issues - firstly the pango warning which is harmless, but solved by the later graphviz, and second the missing images caused by ampersands etc in workflow names, which is solved by jviz 1.5.5.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

BTW that problem (JVIZ-52) has been fixed in the latest and final release, 1.5.5.

0 votes
Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

I've tried Graphviz 2.28.0 and the errors "seem" to have disappeared, maybe worth a try

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events