Problem with QAlity - Test Cycles Overview loads indefinietly. Does anyone else have this issue?

Ida Electra Dahl October 15, 2020

We are using: 

QAlity - Test Management for Jira

However, for the last week (at least), when we go to the Test Cycles Overview from any project, it just loads indefinely. I left the site open overnight and it was still loading, never making any progress. 

We have (had?) some defined Test Cycles, but they are now lost or inacessible.

Same for the result of completed Test Cycles. When going to Text Execution Report, the page loads, but the filters cannot be changed and they only show the last week. So the results of all our previously completed Test Cycles are also lost / inaccessible. 

I have tried creating new test cycles. Clicking on "Create test cycle" opens the pop-up, and after clicking "submit" the "sucess" pop-up appears, but the cycle itself is still inacessible. 

This is true for all the members of my organization. I was wondering if this is a known, current issue for all QAlity users (maybe there is a server problem?), or if it is only my organization that is affected. 

3 answers

2 votes
Monika Mo Kaczkowska October 16, 2020

Hello @Ida Electra Dahl,

Could you tell me which Jira are you using: Cloud or Server? If Server could you provide its version as well as the version of the QAlity?

Could you confirm whether any changes have been made in the project's permissions? Do you have at least browse permissions for this project?

Concerning the Text Execution Report, we currently support result only for the last seven days, which is stated in the pop-up of the filters. You can, however, view the result for each Test case in the Execution History, which can be accessed through the Test case in the issue.

Are the newly created Test cycles displayed after awhile or after refreshing the Test cycle over view page?

Regards,
Monika
QAlity - Test Management for Jira Team

Ida Electra Dahl October 18, 2020

Hello, @Monika Mo Kaczkowska , 

We are using Jira Cloud. 

There have been no changes to the permissions.

The problem is that the Test Cycle Overview page will not load at all. Not for any of our projects, and not for any of the members - including the admin. So the problem is not linked to the permissions. 

The newly created test cycles cannot be view, since the Overview page is not accessible. 

I was unaware that you could access the test results of a test case though the ticket. I had a look just now, but I didn't see any obvious way to access the execution history. If you could tell me how to find it, that would be helpful. 

Though, without the Test Cycles, the use is limited. We were really enjoying QAlity until this bug happened to us. It was a good fit for our needs. If you could help us figure this out, that would be wonderful! 

Thank you, 

Best regards, 

Ida

Ida Electra Dahl October 18, 2020

A few more details in order to be more explicit: 

The web page itself loads when clicking on "QAlity" and then on "Overview", but the contents just keeps trying to load indefinitely (see the image of the loading symbol below). 
image.png

I have tried letting it load overnight, but it does not load. It does not load for any of the members of our organization (including the administrators), on any of our projects.

We can create new test cases, and modify old ones, but nothing linked to the test cycles themselves is accessible. 

Thank you for your help, 

Ida

0 votes
Monika Mo Kaczkowska October 19, 2020

Hello @Ida Electra Dahl @Quentin Cespedes 

Thank you for the additional information. 

Concerning the accessing Execution History page, you can enter it through ticket, by clicking (...) next to the test case:

Screenshot from 2020-10-19 15-50-22.png

Screenshot from 2020-10-19 15-50-22.png

Screenshot from 2020-10-19 15-50-22.pngScreenshot from 2020-10-19 15-50-22.pngQAlity - Test Management for Jira Team

Ida Electra Dahl October 19, 2020

Thank you @Monika Mo Kaczkowska.I was clicking the (...) just above, which is why I did not find it. This history will help us recover the work we have already performed. 

I noticed that it is also possible to add the test case to a test cycle from the same menu. I decided to test it, but the drop*-down list of test cycles is empty and after a second or two the following error message popped up 

image.png

I believe this is related to the same error stated above, all linked to the test cycles. 

Do you have any idea how to fix this issue? 

Best regards, 

Ida

Monika Mo Kaczkowska October 26, 2020

Hello @Ida Electra Dahl 

We have just released new QAliy version that fixed a similar problem. Could you confirm that the issue no longer occurs?

Regards,
Monika
QAlity - Test Management for Jira Team

Ida Electra Dahl October 26, 2020

Hello @Monika Mo Kaczkowska

I confirm, this release has fixed our problem. Thank you very much! 

Best regards, 

Ida

Like Sebastian Brudziński likes this
0 votes
Quentin Cespedes October 19, 2020

Hello,

I'm a colleague of Ida. 
Here are the web console details with all the raised errors about this problem:

I hope this could help!

image.pngimage.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS