Problem using smart values in smart text value functions

boneill May 19, 2021

I'm trying to use an issue smart value to manipulate text of another smart value (I'm not sure if this is supported), and getting the error:
"Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:Failed to get value for AccountsReturned.substringBetween({{issue.Client-Contract: {{AccountsReturned.substringBetween({{issue.Client-Contract}}.value,"status=OPEN")}}"

The error results from trying to use a smart value in the substringBetween operator on another smart vaule: {{AccountsReturned.substringBetween({{issue.Client-Contract.value}},"status=OPEN")}}
(The action is just to post a comment)

The {{issue.Client-Contract.value}} smart value posts as a comment on it's own and using a normal string in place of the smart value allows the above function to run, but I want to dynamically filter the contents of the "AccountsReturned" smart value.

Please assist.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
boneill May 19, 2021

Figured it out with the help of: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Using-variables-in-functions-in-smart-values-in-JIRA-for/qaq-p/1630769

{{AccountsReturned.substringBetween(issue.client-contract.value, ", status=OPEN")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events