Problem aggregating data by date with Table Filter and Charts

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

I'm trying to reproduce the tutorial that is presented https://stiltsoft.com/blog/2017/10/table-filter-and-charts-with-dynamic-spreadsheets-in-confluence/

to aggregate data in an Elements Spreadsheet table in order to display it in a Chart, but I seem to have problems concerning the date format because I can't get the pivot table to aggregate data by month, and that means the last step of creating the chart doesn't work (in any case I keep getting a message from the chart that the date format is not correct).

I have not used the Confluence like dates that are available in Elements Spreadsheet, just regular numbers, like 01/02/2020

In the tutorial video at the bottom of the linked page, at 3:43 there's an example of how the data should be aggregated by month, but despite following the video, my pivot table only displays data for one tab at a time. I have de-activated the option to treat each tab as a separate data set.

Any tips on other things to check, or work arounds?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ ,

Please check the Options tab of the Pivot Table macro:

Wed 1-1.png

Wed 1-2.png

The Date format needs to be adjusted to the one that you use for your source table.

And for the Chart from Table macro (if you need to create a time line) the appropriate date format (the one that you get in your Pivot Table if your chart is based on this pivot) should be chosen in the Adjustments tab inside the macro settings.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} 

I have the Date format updated, and also the correct date period aggregation set, but when the page is displayed, it only aggregates 1 tab of the Elements Spreadsheet. So I do see a table with all the January data aggregated, but the other months that are on different tabs are not aggregated like in the tutorial.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 17.22.10.png

If I click on a different tab in the Elements Spreadsheet, the new tab is displayed aggregated, but I can't get all the tabs to be displayed.

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

Oh, maybe it could be the compatibility problem then.

Please raise a support request for us and attach the page storage (upper right corner -> menu ... -> View Storage Format). We'll recreate your page and look into the issue - is it something local or a global problem.

And please provide us with the version of the Table Filter and Charts that you use - the current one is 7.7.4 (is it the one or do you use smth older).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events