Prevent creating record on confiforms when page title exist

Amir September 26, 2021

I have a form that has a title field and when user submit form a page with that title has been created. How could I prevent creating records when page title exist?

I set validation rule title:[entry.title] and it works when another record with same title exist, but it doesn't work when page exist but record doesn't exist in form data list. It shows an error that page exist and just create a record with new version of that page, but I don't want to create a record.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2021

All operations with record state update (create) are done before any IFTTT execution

That means you cannot know in advance if any of the IFTTTs fail. Record lifecycle and IFTTTs processing are not done in the same transaction, and that is by design

However, you can react on "error" in the process and do what you need accordingly 

To answer your question - you need to set up an IFTTT to be executed onError event and with action to delete a record

Alex

Amir September 28, 2021

Thanks

It would be better if we could define error type on "onError" event on "Fire condition" field. Because confiforms will delete records on all error types.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2021

Not totally true

You can define a condition when to execute each IFTTT, including the ones that are triggered onError

I give you an example - you have an IFTTT to create a page, followed by IFTTT to use the created page id and save it back to record

Now, the 1st fails.. your onError IFTTT could check if the field that holds created page id is empty and run only then

Alex

Like Amir likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events