Prepopulate Summary field with the value of Epic Name

Raye Raskin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

For those of you who use Epics in Jira, you will know there is a semi-redundant required field called Epic Name. I say semi-redundant because Summary is also required. What we want to do is use Live Fields or other JJUPIN feature to insert the actual typed value of Epic Name to the front of the Summary field, like this:

<epic_name>:[space]

So if the Epic Name is My First Epic then the Summary would look like this:

My First Epic:[space]

Then the user would add to the Summary which already has the Epic Name in it.

Is there any way to do this in JJUPIN?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2013

Hi Raye,

At the moment, JJupin's Live Fields feature doesn't provide support for the Epic Name custom field. However, we have added the request in our backlog, and we will provide support for all GreenHopper custom fields in Live Fields in a future release of JJupin.

Kind Regards,

Alex.

0 votes
Raye Raskin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

The solution doesn't have to be from JJUPIN, that's just the plugin I've been looking at.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events