Post Function Copy Value From Field - Condition - Only Copy if Fields are not Equal

MAG-II February 6, 2020

Hello - 

I am in an odd situation in my Jira instance. I have a text box field (Field A) that I want to copy to another text box field (Field B) via Copy Value From Field post function. It's a straightforward configuration to make.

I want to place a Conditional Execution in that Field A will copy to Field B only if Field B is null. What makes it complicated is that Field A is already populated. Upon this transition a screen pops up with (empty) Field B. If Field B remains empty then Field A copies, which is good.

If I populate Field B in the post function screen then the Copy Field Value post function overrides this value, and still copies Field A to Field B. I attempted to write the following script in the Conditional Execution portion of the post function to prevent this from happening:

issue.get("customfield_12308") is null

Unfortunately the above script does not work, and the value placed in Field B is still overridden by Field A. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make this work?

Would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

EDIT: Please disregard this question. I was able to come to a solution when changing the order in which the post function takes place. Apologies for not testing it more before posting here.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events