Pocketquery failed to enable after install of v2.0

Peter Rohner November 29, 2015

Just tried updating pocketquery to v2.0 and it won't "Enable". I've uninstalled and reinstalled with still the same result. We are Running Confluence 5.4.3.

EDIT: Reverted to version 1.14.8 and it works perfectly

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

Hi Peter!

This is more an issue with the Confluence Chart macro that doesn't sometimes accept the output of PocketQuery. We had this on Answers before and there is also a related known issue in the Chart macro.

What is your chart like? You know that PocketQuery has embedded chart and diagram features?

Regards, Felix (Scandio)

Peter Rohner December 3, 2015

Thanks Felix. Yes I did know about the chart and diagram features, they are awesome, but wasn't sure if I could get it to render the chart "skipping" some of the columns output from the SQL for the chart but include them in the table view. (I use stored procedures due to the amount of data transformation that needs to happen to convert from RAW data to the Summary that is shown. Often these are "reused" from other applications where additional columns are included.) As far as the chart goes, it is a multi-series bar-chart with series coming form column1 and categories (groups) coming form columns 2-7 (I'll attach a Mock-up of the chart in the original question so you can see what I'm hoping to achieve again)

Peter Rohner December 3, 2015

MockupChart.JPG

Mock-up expected chart output.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Hi Peter, in general this looks like one of the "Material Bar Charts" examples (http://bit.ly/1Q4WQqy). You can definitely manipulate the data for the chart in the template. Do you have an idea how you could filter your data for the chart? I mean are there some patterns what data should be displayed and what not?

Peter Rohner December 14, 2015

I ended up creating a "chart" template so that the query is only used once on the page. All is working well now Thanks.

0 votes
Peter Rohner December 1, 2015

Additional Informaton

Using PocketQuery 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT

Page in edit mode (Is using one Pocket query 2x in the same page – One being used for Chart with no dynamic params, second one has Dynamic Params which get applied to both – or at least they used to)

PageEditmode.png

The Pocket Query nested inside the Chart as the data source is complaining about the Doc Syntax (I assume IE Is “forgiving” the missing </meta> tag but the Chart macro doesn’t?)

MacroEdit.png

View as seen by the users:

PageView.png

Page Source script (The page Works perfectly with Pocket query 1.4)

PageSource.png

0 votes
Peter Rohner December 1, 2015

Thanks ever so much for your efforts Felix, they are really appreciated. The snapshot loads and seems pretty snappy too but there is a small problem when using a query nested in a Chart Macro. (I'm putting together some info on that and will upload it soon)

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2015

Hi Peter! I don't need the logs anymore since I already know what the problem is ;). I created a temporary version that works for Confluence < 5.5. Can you check if this works for you: http://bit.ly/1LKvMFh. I have to say I'm still not sure if I would want to handle this backwards compatibility in the live release.

0 votes
Peter Rohner November 30, 2015

We Currently have no plans of going past version 5.4.3 as the very next version is where we lose the ability to create personal tasks. (Also part of the reason why we did not renew our Atlassian contract.) Do you still want a copy of what happened in the logs, or are you able to replicate the issue yourself?

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2015

Hi Peter! I just found out that version 2.0 is not compatible with 5.4.3. Do you plan to update in the near future? I could provide a fallback for your version with some efforts.

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2015

Hi Peter! Can you show us what's written to the log?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events