Pocket Query; Google Charts API jumps out of any structure

Matthias Schmenner January 18, 2017

I'm trying to build up a dashboard with several database based diagrams. The built in Confluence Diagrams a too poor in configuration, so I tried out the Google Chart API together with Pocket Query.

Everything works fine. But when I try to layout the position of several diagrams on one page, the diagrams seem to ignore the used structures (Confluence or html-Tables, Confluence page layout).

After editing in preview or final view, the diagrams "jump" out of their edited place and take place in other table rows or just jump out of the layout elements. I inspected the resulting HTLM code in my Browser (Firefox, updated) and found the generated code in other places than expected.

I use just the basic template for Goolge Charts API given in the PocketQuery documentation. We use Confluence 5.8.

Is there any solution or idea how I can "fix" the diagrams in the place where I placed them in edit mode?

4 answers

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Hi Matthias!

Ok, just get back to us if the problem arises again and you want it fixed! Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear you like PocketQuery! For your <offtopic> part, please feel free to create a new post here on Atlassian Answers and we'll have a look! Maybe what you want is already achievable! Also: if you like PQ, we'd be very happy about a review at the Atlassian Marketplace smile

Best, Felix

0 votes
Matthias Schmenner January 19, 2017

Hello Felix,

by preparing a little example for you the problem "dissapeared". So I know that the problem is context sensitive. Hardening my surrounding generated HTML-Code (i. e. Links to attached pictures) helped.

To be sure that the diagrams are at the right place, method 1 from topic "Positioning PocketQuery.chart" works fine for me: when a chart shall be in a table cell I can give an ID to it an append the diagram there.

So let's stop spend time on this difficult problem.

Matthias

BZW: a wonderful tool, congratulations! <offtopic>If I could use a (complex) query with more than one template (to guarantee same data used on different places in dfferent form) it would be gigantic!</offtopic>

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hi Matthias! Thank you for using PocketQuery for your diagrams. I'll try to figure this out. Could you please post the storage format of your page? If you prefer to do this more private, you can sent it per mail to atlassian[at]scandio[dot]de.

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2017

Hi Mathias,

I can suggest you to try Charts from Table macro that is part of Table Filter and Charts add-on. Maybe it can cover your needs.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2017

I would really prefer to anticipate in searching for a solution without doing a full switch of tools first.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events