Plugin shows only one card labeled "undefiend". What's going wrong?

Michael Keil January 1, 2014

Hi,

our project conaints of dozens of epics and hundrets of stories. I'm wondering if there's a limitation regarding this numbers, because all I get if I start the Plgin is just one "undefinded" card.

I read about limitations regarding "special characters" and a necessary re-indexing.
Is there anything else to take care of?

I should mention that we use a customized setup. There's different workflows for issuetype as well as custom issuetypes. As far as I can tell the relation between a story and a epic is working flawlessly in Greenhopper/Jira Agile

Cheers

Michael

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Keil January 16, 2014

Hi there,

thanks to the great support of the developer of this add-on (Florian Bauer) we , frankly he, could solve this issue. I'd like to share the solution, maby there's someone out there with the same problem. The issuetype EPIC needs a PRIORITY. In my setup the PRIORITY Field had been disabled for this issuetype, since we didn't need it.

Thanks again, Florian!

Cheers Michael

Mark Derbecker January 16, 2014

Hey Michael

Can I ask you to recount the actual steps you took to fix this? I don't even see where in JIRA you enable/disable a field for a particular type.

0 votes
Zikiria Chaudhary February 27, 2014

Hello,

I am having the same issue on the JIRA OnDemand Instance. I tried running the advanced queries with no luck. Any advice?

Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

no luck means no reasult set? than priority is not your issue!

0 votes
Michael Keil January 16, 2014

Hi Mark,

it's quite challanging to write a step by step explanation, since I use a quite complex issue type screen and field setup. But I might provide some help anyway.

I suggest you:

1) check if the field priorty is visible to epics. If you are in the detail view of an issue, you might want to use the "Where is my field?" assistant. You'll find it in "Admin" Field should be visible

2) run a advanced JQL query likeproject = "PUTPROJECTNAMEHERE" and issuetype = epic and priority is empty

NO epics w/o priority should exist. If you have epics w/o priority, you'll might to set it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Michael

Mark Derbecker January 17, 2014

Thanks. I've confirmed that the Epic type has a Priority field and that in every Epic I have, the Priority field is set (to Major). Still no proper Story Map.

Florian, I need some help here...

Mark Derbecker January 17, 2014

Figured it out. The Components field was hidden, once I unhid that field, it started working.

0 votes
Michael Keil January 8, 2014

Hi Florian,

fixVersion is there, hasn't be renamed and is a required field for all issue type.

Cheers

Michael

Mark Derbecker January 8, 2014

When I look at the Default Field Configuration, it is showing a field called Fix Version/s, and it is not hidden.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi Michael,

it seams that there is a field fixVersion missing? did you rename it? we use it to filter by different versions.

0 votes
Michael Keil January 7, 2014

Hi Florian,

you might join in a webex session to solve the problem. I am in Cologne, so timezone shoudn't be a problem. Feel free to contact me at michael[DOT]keil[AT]toyota[DOT]de
If we can't manage to get it working we'll have to cancel the evaluation of the plugin.

Cheers

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

hm strange..

do you obtain any java script errors in your browser (which one do you use - should be chrome or FF)

do you have the same behavior with other projects as well?

otherwise we can carry out a webex session together - I am Munich / CET

Mark Derbecker January 7, 2014

I'm using FireFox. I have no other projects to test this on. I don't see any errors, but here's the output from the FireFox web console when I bring up Story Map:

http://sdrv.ms/1lQilYk

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

looks good.

here is the entire query:

project = "FLOW" AND type in ("Epic","Story") ORDER BY type ASC, cf[10006] ASC

and cf[10006] would be your jira agile rank field

what do you obtain if you performe this query within jira?

Mark Derbecker January 6, 2014

The query seems to work when I input it into the Advanced search box. I obtain a list of all my Epics followed by all my Stories. The only thing I had to change was replace "FLOW" with the name of my project.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

the query behind narrows the result set by " type in (Story,Epic) " this means. Does your stories are named 'Story' ?

Mark Derbecker January 6, 2014
0 votes
Mark Derbecker January 2, 2014

I am having the same problem. I do not have a customized setup.

I am using OnDemand.

I have tried renaming the custom field that JIRA Agile creates called "Epic/Theme" to "Epic" in an effort to match the Story Map installation instructions. It did not have an effect.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events