Plugin Gadget installed but not showing on the Gadget List (JIRA 7)

Yassin April 12, 2017

I have followed the tutorial to create a Plugin Gadget "Tutorial - Writing gadgets for JIRA", the tutorial is bascially for Jira 4 and 5 but I need the gadget to run on JIRA 7 so thats what I am using.

I can see the plugin installed in the list of ads-on but when I try to add the gadget to a dashboard I dont find it on the full list.

Any one had the same issue before ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yassin April 26, 2020

I guess when the gadget xml file has errors then the gadget wont be shown under the list of gadgets in the dashboard. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2017

Yes, it means the dashboard is unable to load the gadget.  This can be a number of things, but it is almost always the descriptor or constructor being wrong.

Start with a look at the list of installed add-ons - is your gadget add-on showing on the list?  If it is, then is it enabled?

If it's not there, or it's disabled, then you'll need to read the log files to find out why it's not loading, or why it's trying to load but failing to enable.

Yassin April 13, 2017

Hi Nic, Thank you for your answer. 

Where do I find the logfiles ? I am using Atlessian SDK under windows. It is installed under C:\Applications, or do I find the logs under "target" folder in the project itself ?

Yassin May 15, 2017

Abviously the log files are located under target\jira\home\log where the application is being run.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events