Permissions of All-In-One Tableau Connector for Jira

Deleted user August 13, 2018

I would like to use the All-In-One Tableau Connector for Jira but I have some questions about how project permissions are managed.

Does the Tableau add-on use the (admin) account which configured the connector, and hence has the global permissions and project permissions associated with that account? 

Or does the Tableau add-on operate as the current user, so it is able to create report only for those projects which are accessible by the current user?  In this case, it is irrelevant which (admin) account configured the add-on, isn't it?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 14, 2018

The second option is the correct one.  Kudos to the AIO Support team for answering me very quickly; I'm reposting their answer here so it will benefit other users.

Every user gets its own unique URL via AIO Tableau > My Connector URL menu. The data returned is limited by the permissions of the user whose URL is entered in Tableau Desktop to create the datasource. The token at the end of each URL is different for each user and maps to the OAuth credentials in the backend which are passed to the JIRA rest API with each request to fetch the data.

0 votes
Manjit Singh February 27, 2020

If you have disable anonymous access using any plugin or else enable the anonymous access. This worked for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events