Pass Confiform Fields Into Jira Macro

Chris Iacovelli November 4, 2022

Is there any way to inject Confiform field data into a Confluence Macro, i.e., I want to create a Confluence Insert Jira Issue/Filter macro as shown below:

• project = xyzProject and type = Risk and labels = [entry.initLabel] and status = Done

I have a page which creates a page dynamically based on the data entered in a confiform. On its creation, I want the Confluence macro, in the new page, to be driven from the prior data entry on original page.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2022

Hi @Chris Iacovelli 

This is totally possible, but you will need a Confluence source editor to do so (as the Jira issues macro validates parameters early and does not allow these to be dynamic)

See how we have done this for "content by label" macro - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Using+ConfiForms+ListView+with+Confluence+Content+by+Label+macro

Same approach can be used for the Jira issues macro

Alex

Chris Iacovelli November 4, 2022

thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

unfortunately we are locked down tight and i dont have access to the source editor :(.

i have a manual work around but it adds this idiot, me, to the mix to make it work.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2022

Ok, how about using the ConfiForms PlainView

setting it’s macro body to contain the storage format of the Jira issues macro inside?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events