Parameters of relatedIssuesByQuery

Oyvind Svedman March 17, 2015

Hello,

Could you please document how to use relatedIssuesByQuery ? It's not documented on your Wiki, and I can't figure it out.

2 answers

0 votes
Pavel Petrov February 18, 2019

Here is Cprime's help page about this JQL function. I believe this is the correct source to go to. The function comes with AM Utilities. However, we updated to Jira 8.0 and the add on is not compatible yet. I did drop an e-mail to Cprime and I hope I'll have more info soon. It might work for you, if the add on is compatible with your Jira version.

0 votes
Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

According to my understand of function source code, "relatedIssuesByQuery" takes two JQL queries as parameters.

First query is triggered and for each returned issue, the second JQL query is invoked after replacement of "SELF_VALUE" token by the issue key.

As an example 

relatedIssuesByQuery('issuetype ="User Story" and status="Reopened"', "linkedIssues(SELF_VALUE)")

will returned all issues linked to at least one "User Story" in reopened state.

Junio Fernandes March 29, 2018

Hi, I tried your explanation but it goes wrong with message: JQL in second first operand is not valid.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events