Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

PR creation notifs not working

Edited

We're trying to set up the Bitbucket Cloud for Slack app to get automatic notifications in a Slack channel when I create a PR. In order to avoid being overwhelmed with notifications, we're using a glob pattern on the branch name to filter the PRs we want a notification for. My branches all begin with "SC-" (Jira issue key values) and our pattern is looking for that string of characters. Seems we've tried every possible pattern. However, notifications aren't coming up when I'm creating PRs on my branches.

Any hunches as to what could be the problem or help in troubleshooting the issue would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 27, 2020

Hey Michel,

I'd expect a match for your branches using the string SC-* if the branches didn't contain slashes further down the name. Something like Digital Ocean's glob tester can be helpful in troubleshooting matches.

If you're still having problems, a quick screenshot of your Chat notifications setting page in Bitbucket would be helpful to see.

Thanks!
Daniel

Thanks Daniel!

I tested glob SC-* against one of my branch names in the glob tester you mentioned and it did indeed match. My branch names never contain slashes anywhere in them. 

I will see with my colleague about getting a screenshot of the Chat notifications setting page and will get back.

Thanks again!

Michel

Daniel,

My colleague just got back in touch. Here is what she told me. 

She currently has the setup in the screenshot below in another repo.

At 8:33 AM Eastern today, when she adds a comment on a PR she created on a branch called fix-sc-4396-DR , we are not receiving a Slack notification. 

Our pull request created notifications have been coming in fine.

Any chance there could be an issue with the branch name matching algorithm somewhere?

Thanks again!
Michel 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

59 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you