Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🎈PM72 MeetTheSpeakers: Meeting Management is Project Management

Hi community!

Today I'm excited to share a few more details about my upcoming talk for the PM72 Summit. It's is a 72-hour virtual project management event, full of discussion panels and talks by expert speakers in the project management space - from managing risk, change and operations, to team work and everything in between.

It's taking place 13 - 16th June 2022, and you can register for free here.

MeetTheSpeaker_Series_Lukas Gotter.png

I've been working as Developer, Product Manger and Project Manager throughout my career. One of my best practices for effective Meetings was, that every key meeting should have a Confluence page (or similar) created and linked on the Calendar. Based on this first practice, I've started my own product and company! :)

In my talk you're going to learn 8 best practices when dealing with Meetings as Project & Product Manager. And alongside I'll show you how you can implement them with Google Calendar, Outlook and Confluence. 

How do you find the right balance between too many meetings and lack of alignment, creativity and team spirit with too much async work?

Spoiler: Why not make your hourly status meeting mostly async, and do a quick and fun 10minute live check-in with your team? Asynchronous meetings, is it only a fancy way to say "we actually prepare well and commit to make our meetings short, serious and fun"?

Let's find out, and feel free to join the discussion during the afterparty.

Slot 1 14th of June (best for US+EU)https://jexo.io/pm72-schedule/#/2022-06-14/rmvn7r4992k7/male-technologist-meeting-management-is-project-management

Slot 2 16th of June (best for US+EU)https://jexo.io/pm72-schedule/#/2022-06-16/p63norm64ngb/male-technologist-meeting-management-is-project-management

Slot 3 16th of June (best for AU)https://jexo.io/pm72-schedule/#/2022-06-16/a3e86rmom8ol/male-technologist-meeting-management-is-project-management

The afterparty will we in a Virtual Event Space, looks like The Sims, or think Metaverse ;)

I'll be around here, and host a food truck -> https://jexo.io/pm72-schedule/#/2022-06-14/a3e86r3vj8ol/large-blue-circle-afterparty-day-2 – Grab a Donut and meet me ;)

Hope to see you soon!

Lukas 

P.S: Talk will be published on YouTube a few weeks later. And a blog post will be available on our blog at meetical.io/blog

---- 

Talk Summary

Effective meetings are a key success factor for a happy and productive team!
In both agile and classic projects, we need to build a great communication architecture with the right mix of asynchronous and synchronous collaboration. This will keep team members focused, and aligned and ultimately helps we can enjoy our work.
In this talk, you’ll go from zero to hero with Meeting Management using tools like Confluence. You’ll learn how to effectively prepare, run, and follow-up in meetings.
At the end, you’ll know about asynchronous meetings, best practices, tools, and common pitfalls for modern Meeting Management. Wanna have people leave your meetings energised and with a smile? Then join this talk!
Why should you attend?
Attendees will learn about Meeting Management and Meeting Design from a systematic and technical/tool perspective. Pointless meetings can drain energy from us as only a few other work problems can. Crafting a good communication architecture, including effective meetings, is an essential skill for every project manager.
Speaker's's Bio
Lukas Gotter is a passionate entrepreneur, developer, and product manager.
He successfully combined his strong technical skills with his enthusiasm and deep knowledge of business topics and modern software product management throughout his career. He is the Founder & CEO of Meetical.

1 comment

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Any advice to make meetings go better is great!

Like • Lukas Gotter _ Meetical likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events