Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

šŸŽˆ PM72 MeetTheSpeakers: Effective document management: the secret to your project teamā€™s success

MeetTheSpeaker_PM72Series_Craig.pngHey everyone,

As part of the MeetTheSpeaker Series for PM72 I wanted to introduce myself and welcome you to my session.

Before I jump in, let me introduce the incredible PM72 event. Itā€™s a 72-hour virtual event (13th-16th June) focused on Project Management best practices with experts from around the world. Itā€™s completely free to attend and all funds raised by the sponsors will be donated to the Malala Fund charity - an organization which has the vision of a world where every girl can learn and read.

Iā€™m honoured to be a part of this amazing event for a fantastic cause and would like to thank Jexo, Old Street Solutions and Resolution for making this possible. Thank you!

So, let me introduce myself and share a bit about my session.

šŸ‘‹ Who I am

Iā€™m Craig and Iā€™m the Product Marketing lead for AppFox, a UK-based team who build innovative apps to help you get the most out of your favourite collaboration tools.

I joined the Atlassian ecosystem just under two years ago and have spent most of my career working in the pharmaceutical industry and more recently with Colgate. Over the years Iā€™ve been fortunate to experience the highs (and lows) of project management and want to share my experiences and learnings at PM72 to help other project teams overcome obstacles and succeed.

In my spare time youā€™ll most likely find me watching football or out for long walks with our dog, a miniature golden doodle called Ruby.

šŸ—£ What iā€™m talking about

A successful project is not just the result of achieving deliverables, reaching key milestones and completing all the tasks that need to be done. There is a wealth of information and knowledge shared between teams during the course of the project and without effective processes in place, this vital collaboration can easily break down.

And this is where documentation and document management comes into play.

Itā€™s often a lesser talked about topic in project management but can often be the difference between the success and failure of a project. So letā€™s talk about it šŸ˜‰

In this session iā€™ll be exploring the document management challenges that can affect project teams in any industry and give you a bunch of top tips that will help your teams become more coordinated, streamlined and effective than they are today.

Whether you are new to project work or a seasoned pro, this session will have something for everyone!

šŸ¤© What Iā€™m most excited about

Thereā€™s a fantastic speaker lineup for PM72 and plenty of incredible talks to choose from! If you were to push me for an answer though, Iā€™m really excited to listen to these 3 talks:

šŸ—“ Donā€™t miss my talk on June 14th!

Add it to your calendar directly from here šŸ‘‰https://bit.ly/3ygevaD

Keep your eye out for more MeetTheSpeaker posts on the community and be sure to engage with the posts and ask questions! The most engaged member on our MeetTheSpeakers series gets 50$ code to the PM72 merch shop šŸ˜‰

See you at PM72 šŸ™

1 comment

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Thanks @Craig Willson _AppFox_  - it seems like documentation is always cut short for projects. And part of that reason is may me that teams don't have a good solution or tool to record things properly. This talk sounds like it would help get thing on track with documentation and set up for success. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events