Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐ŸŽˆ PM72 Meet The Speaker: โ˜€๏ธ Transforming project forecasts with probabilities with Julia Wester

MeetTheSpeaker_Series.png

Hello everyone! 

Welcome to another installment of "Meet the speakers" for the upcoming PM72 virtual conference. This time its about me, Julia Wester.

But first, if you arenโ€™t familiar with PM72, itโ€™s a 72-hour marathon virtual event focused on the world of Project Management. Itโ€™s happening 13-16 June 2022 and registrations are open here. It's completely free, however, please consider donating here to the Malala Fund.

๐Ÿ– About Me

I am a proud co-founder of 55 Degrees AB, a Platinum Atlassian Marketplace Partner focused on providing apps that let you improve how you work so you can get more done with less stress. In addition to my day job, I am a professional trainer. I have a LinkedIn Learning course on Lean Software Development, a member of the advisory board of ProKanban.org, and a recent course steward for Scrum.org.

In all of these roles I leverage my own past professional experience as a web developer, manager, coach, and consultant in companies such as Turner Broadcasting (CNN.com, NBA.com), F5 Networks, and LeanKit. The common thread through everything is solving the complex puzzles that help us figure out how to get work done while minimizing stress.

๐ŸŽ™ About the Session

My session will be about Transforming Project Forecasts with Probabilities. 

I'd like you to ask yourself a couple of questions:

• Are you tired of spending more time estimating and forecasting when work will be done than you spend actually doing the work?
  • If you calculate the value of the time used by your experts to go deep into requirements to break down tasks and estimate time, how much does it cost?
  • How often do those expensive estimates turn out to be wrong despite your investment?

The exciting news is that there's a way that you can save money and stress to quickly generate forecasts that are as reliable, or better, than the ones you're slaving over today. This session is all about introducing you to the better way: probabilistic forecasting.

Attendees will leave with the knowledge necessary to:

• provide forecasts for projects with fixed scope (When can we finish?) or fixed date (How much can we finish?) using historical data
  • account for an organization's risk tolerance when providing those forecasts

This talk will show charts and tools included in our app ActionableAgile, but you can utilize all the knowledge of this talk even if all you have is pencil and paper!

If you have any questions about my talk or the PM72 event, let me know.

Add my talk to your calendar ๐Ÿ“…

๐Ÿ’ฌ Chat with me at the afterparty

Also make sure to find us at our virtual food truck at the European PM72 Afterparty to ask questions about the talk and get demos of our apps - ActionableAgile for Jira, Portfolio Forecaster for Jira, and Klar for Jira:

14 June 19:00h CET (Berlin) / 18:00h BT (London)
โ†’ Add to calendar

1 comment

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2022

I don't use project forecasts much, but maybe this will help convince me.  :-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events