PDF Automation for JIRA sending multiple emails, no checkbox for processing in bulk

Greg Bailey January 29, 2021

Hello,

Im attempting to send a PDF using 'Automation for Jira' and the Midori 'Send PDF action' on Jira Server(not cloud).

The PDF processes the results of the JQL used in the schedule trigger.

What Im expecting is the PDF will process all issues and send one PDF with all issues included to the intended recipients.  Instead its sending one mail per issue.

I understand I should be able to check the 'Process all issues produced by this trigger in bulk' checkbox to have it only send one PDF attachment with all issues included, instead of one emailed PDF attachment per issue.  However, there is no checkbox available next to the option.  I believe, which may be related, there should be checkboxes next to 'Run a JQL search and pass results to subsequent conditions and actions' and 'simply run the conditions and actions without providing issues' but the checkbox is not present for either of those options either.

Is this a known issue or am i doing something wrong?  I have other automation rules that runs a filter on a schedule and passes the issues to an excel attachment and sends them in one mail and that works fine, but those rules have been in place for sometime.

I also tried to use the 'branch rule' option and use the same JQL and the page also shows the section to 'process results in bulk' but the checkbox is not there either.

Please advise on what I may be doing wrong, or this is a known issue or no longer supported on Server.  I understand that in Jira Cloud the way to do this is the 'lookup issues' action but obviously that's not the case here. ;-)

Regards and thanks in advance,

Greg

Version details and screenshot:

• Jira Server Version: 8.5.3
  • Automation for Jira version: 7.2.6
  • PDF Automation for Jira: 5.1.0

no_process_in_bulk_checkbox.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events