Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Overview over variables/fields I can use?

Is there a complete list of variables in form of e.g. "{{issue.status.name}}" I can use? I've searched a lot online and it's really hard for me to identify such ressource.

Everytime I want to add something new, I have to painstakingly trial and error before I find the right value.

For example, at the moment I'd like to do something only if the type of the issue is a specific value, but it doesn't seem to be {{issue.type.name}} or {{issue.fields.type}} .

3 answers

I know this is an old question.  It also happens to be the first result when you google "jira service desk variables".

I found a few which I listed below.  I have no idea if it's a full list.  I'll add more if I find them.

Variables:

Recipient name

The full name of the person receiving the email. ${recipient.name}

Name of the person who caused the action

The full name of the person who triggered the notification, for example by adding a comment. ${event.user.name}

Issue summary

The summary of the issue, or blank if there's none. ${issue.summary}

Issue description

The description of the issue, or blank if there's none. ${issue.description}

Issue key

The issue key (for example, IT-123). ${issue.key}

Issue reporter

The full name of the user that reported the issue. ${issue.reporter.name}

Issue resolution

The resolution of the issue, for example "done". ${issue.resolution}

Request URL

The URL of the request in the customer portal. ${request.url}

Comment

The comment added to the issue. This is only available using the "Comment added" or "Comment edited" WHEN trigger. ${comment}

Request status

The customer-visible status of the request, as shown in the customer portal. ${request.status}

Portal name

The portal name, which can be edited on the Portal settings page. ${portal.name}

Inviter Name

${inviter.name}

Invitation URL

${invitation.url}

Portal Link

${portal.link}

Help Center Name

${help.center.name}

1 vote
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Nov 22, 2017

I think that the Automation plugin documentation has a pretty comprehensive list of these values/examples you can use, check out Automation for Jira Documentation: Smart Fields.

Cheers,
Andy

I've seen this, thanks. But it only got "examples" and it doesn't give me a clue what the other variables could be called at all.

Instead of examples, it would help me (and probably others) a lot to get a complete list.

Like Gavin Joye likes this

Hello,

it would be {{issue.issuetype.name}}

I found it from Jira Api. But not all works. 

Thanks! Good hint - the API. Could you nudge me in the right direction or give me a URL where you found it? 

You can begin from Issue class. You can find documentation here

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/7.2.2/com/atlassian/jira/issue/Issue.html

Take any method which begins with get, skip the get part and put the rest to the lowercase. For example, getIssueType(). It will be issuetype. Then it returns IssueType class. You can find documentation about IssueType class here

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/7.2.2/com/atlassian/jira/issue/issuetype/IssueType.html

IssueType class has method getName(). You have again to skip get part and put Name to lowercase. In the end you will get

issue.issuetype.name

But as I told you before not everything works like this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

47 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you