Original Estimate - Automation

Anshul Malhotra April 26, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to Automate in Foxly. Whenever the value of the original estimate is added/updated the estimates field created under Foxly plugin for RICE should update the value-added under the original estimate.

Unable to do so as the original estimate is not visible under the automation field below. Any suggestions.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 6.37.52 PM.png

Below is the rule created for additional field to be used.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 6.44.43 PM.png

The same rule works with dev Effort only as Estimates takes the value from the values added under Dev efforts only. 

How can we get original estimates under the automation > Field Value Changed.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vlad_puhach April 26, 2022

Hi Anshul,

Vlad here from Jexo.

Can I ask you - is original estimate a Jira native (system) field or a custom field that you created in your instance?

A possible reason you are not able to find the Jira Original Estimate in the dropdown is because Time Tracking is what enables the "Original Estimate" field. I know it's a bit confusing, because normally fields exist by themselves, but the "Original Estimate" field does not, it's just shown in connection with Time Tracking.

So, basically, you will need to look for Time Tracking field in the Field Value Changed section.

Here is relative community post where users try to solve the same problem - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Cannot-automate-setting-field-quot-Original-Estimate-quot/qaq-p/1754438

And here is the documentation page about how Time Tracking field is configured. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-time-tracking/

Let me know if this helps.

Anshul Malhotra May 2, 2022

Thanks this helps.

I was able to solve this in a different way but I have another concern where I am not getting values in decimal in the custom field created called estimates.

This field takes value from Dev and QA efforts. As Dev and QA efforts are in hours we wanted to make sure that Estimates are calculated on weekly basis.

This Estimates Field does not show value in decimals. How can we get the value in decimal under Estimates.

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 5.37.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 5.47.07 PM.png

We would need to make sure the values are exact upto at least 2 decimal points.

Sanjivani Wayal April 10, 2023

Hi @Anshul Malhotra 

May i know How was it solved i am also trying same thing, I dont want to make a Trigger on create issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events