Optimiser

collette gray October 27, 2021

Hi all,

I am new to optimiser and trying to find my way around it.

I have a couple of questions with regards to the Task Manager, Scheduling of the health check and the small project settings

1. I cannot find where the scheduling is set, ie it looks as though it runs every night, but I cannot see where it is set and if it is amendable.

2. When you add jobs to the task manager, when do these run, is it when the scheduled health check runs?

3. What is classed as a small project.  I can see you can amend the settings for inactive projects and custom fields, but I cannot see a definition of a small project, or if there is anyway to amend it.

Thanks

Collette

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Willson (AppFox)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

Hi Collette,

Thanks for your questions! 

Just to double check, are you using Optimizer for Jira? It’s one of our Apps and want to make sure that’s what you are referring to before answering. 

Many thanks,
Craig (AppFox)

collette gray October 29, 2021

Hi Craig,

Sorry yes Optimizer for Jira Data Centre

Thanks 

Collette

Craig Willson (AppFox)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

Hi Collette, 

Awesome, thanks for confirming and we appreciate you reaching out. So to answer your questions:

1. The scheduling configuration for the health checks is stored in the database and if you wish to change their frequency, we can certainly help you modify this. Please reach out to our support team and they’ll be happy to help. 
  2. When you add a job to the task manager it gets added to the queue and this only runs when you click “Dispatch Queue”. This gives you a lot more control and allows you to review changes before they are completed. The task manager is completely separate from the health checks. 

3. We count any empty project or project with less than 10 issues as a small project. This is setup by default and is not currently configurable. However, if this is something you would like to configure please let us know and we can add it to our feature roadmap. 

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions or would like a walkthrough of the product with our team - we’ll be happy to help! 

Thanks,

Craig (AppFox)

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your quick response.

For query 2, sorry I am still a little confused with regards to jobs running automatically.  I am using our test system and added a job to the Q, just to change the category of a project. I did this by clicking bulk update and adding to Q.   I can see it sitting in the Task manager, but it will only run if I click dispatch Q, but there are no other jobs waiting to run.  This is why I wondered if it ran overnight when the health check runs?

Whereas archiving a project there is no option to add to Q so the update happened instantly.

Or are you saying that if you have the option to add to Q it will stay there until we manually dispatch it (like this idea for peer checking), but if there is no option or you click apply, it will run instantly or go in an automatic Q if there are lots of jobs waiting to run.

Thanks

Collette

Craig Willson (AppFox)
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

Hi Collette, 

No problem at all.

Sorry for any confusion, I should have been clearer in my original answer to question 2. I have edited the answer above but will provide more detail below: 

• Optimizer's Task Manager does not run automatically and operates separately from the Health Checks
  • For many objects in Optimizer for Jira you will have the option to "Delete" which is immediate or add them to the Queue which moves them to the Task Manager
  • Once a job has been added to the Task Manager it is in your complete control and will only run when you click the "Dispatch Queue" button. As you say this is a great opportunity to peer review/check before making the changes
  • When you click "Dispatch Queue" the tasks will run one by one
  • Unfortunately, Project Archiving is not part of the Task Manager so you will only see the option to archive immediately within Optimizer

I hope this helps clarify but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks,

Craig

Thank you so much for your detailed response.  This has answered by queries perfectly.

Regards

Collette

Craig Willson (AppFox)
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

No problem at all! Enjoy using Optimizer and feel free to reach out to us at any time if you have questions/need support.

Best wishes,

Craig

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events