Only disable inline edit when there are fields on a page that have a behaviour

Valentijn Scholten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

The scenario I have is the following:

I have a set of fields ("InvoiceFields") that are protected from modification, except for a certain group of users ("Accounting"). This is for *all* projects in my jira.

The way I have implemented this is the following:

- The InvoiceFields are on the "view-issue" screen, which means readonly for everyone.

- The InvoiceFields are not on the "edit-issue screen". Editing the fields is done via a separate screen accesible via workflow steps. These workflow steps are only accessible for users in group Accounting.

This works fine (no behaviour needed).

The only place where I need a behaviour is the create-issue screen. The InvoiceFields need to be there, but should be readonly, except for users in the Accounting group.

I created this behaviour and this works.

However the results is that inline editing is disabled not only on the creat-issue screen, but also on all the other screens. Because all my projects have the above configuration, this basically means that I have no inline-editing.

So the question/suggestion is:

- Can we disable inline editing only for screen which have at least one field configured in a behaviour?

In my case this would mean inline editing is disabled on the create-issue screen, but can be left enabled on all other screens.

Another (bigger) change could be to specify per behaviour which screens it should be applied to.

This would solve (for me): https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/110980/jira-behaviour-plugin-only-disable-inline-edit-on-fields-used-in-behaviour-s

4 answers

0 votes
Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2014

You should be careful with field edit restrictions in conjunction with batch editing. Usually you can edit any field in batch edit mode.

0 votes
Deleted user August 27, 2013

Hi Jamie,

we are running in to that:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Inline+editing+disabled+randomly

Inline Editing is disabled randomly in the whole issue, for example in the description field. Is this behaviour intended?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 votes
Valentijn Scholten
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2013

I've created JBHV-185.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2013

> Can we disable inline editing only for screen which have at least one field configured in a behaviour?

I don't see why not... I'm surprised I didn't already have it like that. Could you add a bug?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events