On Tranisiton change "project phase" value based on reference Ticket

Wolfgang Landes April 28, 2020

Hi, 
I would like to mark issues that are resolved based on what project phase they were resolved.

The project phases are manually updated in a reference issue in the same project.

Now my problem is that I don't know how to reference the value from the custom field from that reference ticket in the automation that triggers when issues get resolved.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Hi Wolfgang,

Can you share a screenshot of what you have so far and where you need assistance?

Wolfgang Landes April 28, 2020

image.pngI want to mark tickets with a "Project Phase" based on the current value of "Project Phase" that is stored on a reference ticket that I could specify via key or jql.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Thank you - that's helpful. 

You want to populate the Project Phase with a value that you want to copy from where? 

Wolfgang Landes April 29, 2020

From a specific other ticket. I could reference the other ticket by JQL or my issue key.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2020

So probably a field from the issue that was transitioned? What is the name of the field on that issue that you want to copy to the Project Phase?

Wolfgang Landes April 29, 2020

@John Funk  that one would have been easy ;-)
I am looking to get the value from a field that exists on another ticket than the ticket that triggers the automation.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2020

:-) 

So what's the connection back to the other ticket? Are the issue linked in someway?

Wolfgang Landes May 1, 2020

No they are not linked. I just know the issue key.
So I need a smart value with: <issuekey>.<customfield>

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2020

So, you want to hard code the issue key in the automation rule? 

Wolfgang Landes May 4, 2020

Yes, I would be fine with that solution

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2020

Unfortunately, Automation for Jira will not let you use the issue key for the condition. But could link the issues to each other and use that for the Condition. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events