On Outlook2jira plugin in Outlook :Test connection passed but still have LicenseResult = 0

Nicolas Dubar March 6, 2013

installation is OK both in Outlook and in Jira

test connection is successful in Outlook with login token given

but when try to create/comment issue with email on right click :

still have error message : licence not found. Please Install...

and in log file :

[2013-03-07 15:56:45] Login successful, login token: NeP2KI5YTg

[2013-03-07 15:58:20] LicenseResult = 0

But have active licence in jira :

<dl><dt>Plugin key:</dt><dd>de.catworkx.jira.plugins.outlook2jira</dd></dl>
<dl><dt>License details:</dt><dd>Evaluation, Unlimited-user commercial license, expires 06/Apr/13 3:00 PM</dd><dt>License status:</dt><dd>Valid</dd><dd></dd><dd></dd></dl>

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

How about the lastest release (v1.4.1)? Btw. is your Jira license out of support already? This should be no problem at all but this would be an useful information for further investigation. Thank you very much for your help.

Sebastian

Nicolas Dubar May 30, 2013

Thks It works

i'll test it and probably buy it for few people :-)

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

Some time ago, we found out that if you enter the SOAP-URL including "/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl" the connection test will be positive but the license checking will fail. So make sure to only enter an URL like https://jira.serverxyz.com:8080and omit the SOAP part. However, Outlook2Jira v1.5.5 validates the URL now.

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Hello,

does it work after renewing the evaluation license?

Nicolas Dubar May 20, 2013

NO still the issue.

0 votes
Nicolas Dubar May 13, 2013

Hi,

me again,

i've finally update my UPM on 2.11

but still have this issue

i've juste renew a trial licence to be sure.

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Could you please update the UPM to lastest version (2.9) and recheck?

Nicolas Dubar March 7, 2013

OK i'll do it next week and keep you inform :-)

thks anyway

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Hello,

is your Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) connected to the internet?

Regards,

Sebastian

i think so, i can browse plugin through it.

so i suppose that's what you mean by connect to the net (through a proxi)

catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Could you also please tell me the operating system and the version of your Jira installation? Furthermore the version of your Universial Plugin Manager (UPM). Please also update the UPM to lastest version.

I've seen this behavior once on a windows maschine without internet connection and outdated UPM.

Version :

• JIRA (v5.0.6#733-sha1:f48fab7)

LOCAL OS : WIN7 + OUTLOOK 2007 SP3 with EXCHANGE SERVER

Jira Run on Linux REDHAT Server and

The Universal Plugin Manager (v2.1.5)

catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Does Jira run on Windows or Linux?

Whats the version of your Universal Plugin Manager?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events