On BigPicture plugin Absence plan is not reflecting on Capacity planning of Board module.

Pranoti Bhumkar June 30, 2020

On BigPicture plugin Absence plan is not reflecting on Capacity planning of Board module.

Suppose for any resource I have created absence plan for one day which comes under the date range for Iteration1. 

Then when I open 'Iteration1'  for capacity planning on board module for same program, then there is no change in the capacity of that resource.

But on Resource module it is reflecting.

then suppose I made some changes in holiday plans and save it , then at this point the absences which I have set  get deducted from capacity.

Am I missing something? Please guide.. 

2 answers

1 vote
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2020

Hello Pranoti

I did some testing and may confirm what you described. It's easier to get the absences reflected in the Resources module than it is on the Board.

However, even in the Board, it is doable.

From what I see, the Board may sort of overinterpret what is a manually entered capacity, and protects such a "manually entered" value. Have a look at the picture below. Even though the 6 was not entered by me, the Board still thinks it was. Once I pressed the 'Restore' button, absences get reflected immediately.

One of the contributing factors might be that the Board is still in beta. I'd expect a much smoother Board in BigPicture 8, which is scheduled to debut this Summer.

bigpicture-board-capacity-planning.png

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Hello @Pranoti Bhumkar ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This question (related to BigPicture app) was mistakenly logged under the Jira collection. I have now moved it to the Marketplace Apps & Integrations collection so that you will have higher chances to get a reply.

Also, you may want to review below page to see if you can find the answer to your question in there:

Finally, in case you won't still get a reply and the above link does not help, I would advise to get in touch with the vendor by using the contact details available in the support tab of the marketplace page for the app:

Contact

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS