It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

OAuth - how long can I use an access token for using REST API

Hi,

From my application, I don't want to ask user for re-login each time him use the application.

Can I store access token for re-use? how long is it expired?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy Community Leader Jun 04, 2013

I can't remember how long the token will last for but you should have a fallback to the reauthorization if it fails.

Thank you so much . . . Timothy

@Timothy I dont exactly get what you meant by saying 'should have a fallback to the reauthorization'. By saying this do you mean, if access token expires one should reauthorize( get the request token, authorize and swap it with new access token ) ?

I want to ask if jira REST api support refresh token through which new access token can be retrieved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Jira Service Desk Customer Portal

A picture is worth a thousand words, especially when you're trying to find relationships and understand your data. Here, Dashboards play a vital role in gaining insights from a variety of dat...

272 views 5 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you