Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

OAuth authentication for stash

Is there a way to get Oauth tokens for stash manually apart from basic authentication? During basic authentication provided in you documentation I am getting sessionId and other parameters. Can I use sessionId for further communication with snippet plugin of stash?

1 answer

The Snippets for Stash plugin supports the same authentication as the core REST API of Stash or Stash itself. From the documentation:

Any authentication that works against Stash will work against the REST API. The prefered authentication methods are HTTP Basic (when using SSL) and OAuth. Other supported methods include: HTTP Cookies and Trusted Applications.

You can find OAuth code samples in several programming languages at bitbucket.org/atlassian_tutorial/atlassian-oauth-examples.

Hope this helps

How can i use JsessionId to connect to snippets for my further communications? I tried including it in URL but no use. Can you show a sample of using JsessionId for communication with plugins.

Did you try to add it as a cookie in the header of the request?

Did you try to add it as a cookie in the header of the request?

i tried adding header "Set-Cookie" but it didn't work. Anyways i was able to do oauth authentication with stash using python script. Thanks for the help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Jira Service Desk Customer Portal

A picture is worth a thousand words, especially when you're trying to find relationships and understand your data. Here, Dashboards play a vital role in gaining insights from a variety of dat...

385 views 5 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you