Number of active installs in vendor account and REST API endpoints differ significantly

Metin Savignano January 31, 2020

I have started to take a closer look at the Atlassian Marketplace REST API and made some queries about active installs. I wonder why I get big differences - can someone please explain?

From the Get app active installations REST endpoint, the number returned is about twice the number displayed in our vendor account in tab Top Vendor Program under total active installations.

From the Get app active installations (by app version) REST endpoint, the total counts is about 7-8 times the number returned from Get app active installations REST endpoint. I also noticed confusingly high counts of old app versions.

I wonder how each of these "active installations" are counted and why the numbers differ so much?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2020

Hello @Metin Savignano ,

The Top vendor program calculates the total number of valid active installations using the following criteria:

• Server or Cloud app installs.

• Only installs for public versions count.

• Only Paid via Atlassian versions count.

• The apps must be visible on the Marketplace.

• Only active apps (not archived)

The active installation numbers that are shown on the manage app page, or returned via REST API calls, are usually higher than what counts for Top vendor since the active installations counts private and free versions. Also, you may want to know that the active installation number for top vendor is refreshed every Sunday.

Finally, for the future, please note that the best place to actually ask this kind of question would be either the Developers Community or the Marketplace Service Desk

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events