Null pointer exception when importing feature file to xray

Rūta Pociūtė August 4, 2022

I am getting a NPE when using endpoint -> https://jira:8080/rest/raven/1.0/import/feature?projectKey={KEY}

I have tried using curl:

curl -H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" -u user:user -F "file=@features.zip" "https://jira:8080/rest/raven/1.0/import/feature?projectKey=TOM"

and postman to no avail

shortened error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.xpandit.raven.testimport.service.impl.TestImportServiceImpl.a(Unknown Source)

at com.xpandit.raven.testimport.service.impl.TestImportServiceImpl.b(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Optional.orElseGet(Optional.java: 267)

at com.xpandit.raven.testimport.service.impl.TestImportServiceImpl.b(Unknown Source)

at com.xpandit.raven.testimport.service.impl.TestImportServiceImpl.a(Unknown Source)

at com.xpandit.raven.rest.internal.b.a.a(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor37445.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: 43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java: 498)

at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$ResponseOutInvoker$1.invoke(DispatchProviderHelper.java: 192)

at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$1.intercept(DispatchProviderHelper.java: 83)

at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DefaultMethodInvocation.invoke(DefaultMethodInvocation.java: 53)

at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.expand.interceptor.ExpandInterceptor.intercept(ExpandInterceptor.java: 34)

at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DefaultMethodInvocation.invoke(DefaultMethodInvocation.java: 53)

at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper.invokeMethodWithInterceptors(DispatchProviderHelper.java: 110)

at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(DispatchProviderHelper.java: 190)
My feature file (just an example feature):

Feature: test

Scenario: Subscribe to topic
Given I subscribe to "Fact" topic
When I send a fact to ActiveMQ
Then it is successfully created

HOWEVER

this endpoint works on one occasion only - when I add an existing test id to the feature file, e.g.

Feature: test

@TOM-1

Scenario: Subscribe to topic
Given I subscribe to "Fact" topic
When I send a fact to ActiveMQ
Then it is successfully created

I remember this whole process used to work before and I was able to create a new test issue via this api successfully so I have no clue what is wrong now and the error is no help at all. By the way, I am able to create test issue via JIRA api successfully but there is something wrong with XRay, I believe

1 answer

0 votes
Jose Pedro July 21, 2023

Hey, I have the same issue. When the test already exists, it worked...

I tried to find something about this error, but without success...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events