Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Notification on checking list options

Hi,

is it possible to trigger email notifications upon someone checking items in Checklist for JIRA? Or is there an event set, which can be hooked by ScriptRunner or other add-ons to do the magic?

Thanks in advance

David

3 answers

2 accepted

Hello David,

Checklist for Jira currently does not support sending e-mails when items are checked. You can send an e-mail when an Issue is modified in Jira, but this may be too broad for you.

We also have a quite complete history log being written in each issue under the "History" tab, it may be useful for you.

Regards,
Maxime

Hi Antoine, thanks for that. I do like how Checklist organizes the checked vs not checked options in the History tab. Still would love to be able to check for specific check items' status.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry Community Leader Apr 15, 2019

Hi,

Using ScriptRunner I guess you can have a listener on the field update. From there you can either fire a (custom) event which will fire notifications according to your scheme. Or you can have your own notification sent from a groovy script.

Antoine

Hi Antoine, thanks that works. Decided to go with the Issue Updated event and fire a custom notification using ScriptRunner groovy.

Like Antoine Berry likes this

After playing with this I realize that the mechanism fires way too often to be useful. 

Question for me now is, how can I get more narrow? Is there a way to obtain the values of the checklist field and so to use them with conditions in the groovy script? Or are there any other ideas?

0 votes

Hi is it in 2022 possible to send a notification or not? Thanks!

Hi Thomas,

It is possible to send notifications on issue updates within Jira. But it is not possible to send notifications only when one of our checklist item is checked.

Scripting would be required to achieve the desired behavior. We've got documentation on how to interact with checklist using scripts.

Kind regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Marketplace Partner Spotlight: AppLiger

This month the spotlight is on AppLiger. We caught up with Pavel Pavlovsky, CEO and Product Manager, to learn how the company started and what fuels the team's creativity.    Atlassian:...

377 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you