Notification on checking list options

David J April 11, 2019

Hi,

is it possible to trigger email notifications upon someone checking items in Checklist for JIRA? Or is there an event set, which can be hooked by ScriptRunner or other add-ons to do the magic?

Thanks in advance

David

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2019

Hello David,

Checklist for Jira currently does not support sending e-mails when items are checked. You can send an e-mail when an Issue is modified in Jira, but this may be too broad for you.

We also have a quite complete history log being written in each issue under the "History" tab, it may be useful for you.

Regards,
Maxime

David J May 20, 2019

Hi Antoine, thanks for that. I do like how Checklist organizes the checked vs not checked options in the History tab. Still would love to be able to check for specific check items' status.

Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2022

I wish to add that since Checklist version 6.2, you can use Automation for Jira to send an e-mail when checklist changes.

Please refer to: https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHKDOC5/pages/3236659224/Trigger+-+Checklist+changed

Have a nice day!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

Hi,

Using ScriptRunner I guess you can have a listener on the field update. From there you can either fire a (custom) event which will fire notifications according to your scheme. Or you can have your own notification sent from a groovy script.

Antoine

David J May 20, 2019

Hi Antoine, thanks that works. Decided to go with the Issue Updated event and fire a custom notification using ScriptRunner groovy.

Like Antoine Berry likes this
David J June 17, 2019

After playing with this I realize that the mechanism fires way too often to be useful. 

Question for me now is, how can I get more narrow? Is there a way to obtain the values of the checklist field and so to use them with conditions in the groovy script? Or are there any other ideas?

0 votes
thomas frommelt May 31, 2022

Hi is it in 2022 possible to send a notification or not? Thanks!

Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2022

Hi Thomas,

It is possible to send notifications on issue updates within Jira. But it is not possible to send notifications only when one of our checklist item is checked.

Scripting would be required to achieve the desired behavior. We've got documentation on how to interact with checklist using scripts.

Kind regards

Like Priyanka likes this
Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2022

I wish to add that since Checklist version 6.2, you can use Automation for Jira to send an e-mail when checklist changes.

Please refer to: https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHKDOC5/pages/3236659224/Trigger+-+Checklist+changed

Have a nice day!

Like David J likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events