Notification Assistant Not Sending Emails to MY Email Only

James K. Cope March 14, 2020

Hi. I will try to explain this as clearly as possible.

Something about Notification Assistant is ignoring my email no matter how I configure the "Recipients" section with my user. I have tried the following methods for contacting myself via email:

• Added my UID to the "Jira Users" field under the User tab
  • Added a custom field to the "Select a supported custom field" field under the "Custom Field" tab and set the User Picker field in the applicable ticket to my UID
  • Added my actual email address to the "Email addresses" field under the Email tab

Please note:

• Adding any other user in my instance is working fine.
  • Adding my personal email to the "Email addresses" field under the Email tab works fine.
  • I have checked my profile and verified the "My Changes" preference is set to "Notify Me"
  • The "Respect 'Notify Me' flag" under the Event tab of the "Trigger configuration" section of the notification is NOT checked, though I am not using any Event Type from that list, so I'm not sure if that even matters

One additional tidbit of information:

• If I am the only recipient for the notification (no matter which method I use), the "Notification Assistant" email does not appear under the "Mail queue" tab of the Jira mail queue at all.
  • Once I add an additional UID or email address (i.e. my personal email under the "Email addresses" field under the email tab, the "Notification Assistant" email is generated in the Jira mail queue and everyone else in the Recipients section receives the email.

Last things to note here:

• I am not the executing user for the notification. I have tried with myself with that set to my UID and to other authorized UID's and there is no difference.
  • I fail to get the email whether a time of day trigger is used or if I use the "Run Now" option (which I do for testing all the time).

This is hampering my ability to test notifications. I have to check my personal email in order to operate at this time. Any help or advice for what else I can check would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2020

Hi James,

Are there multiple accounts in Jira which share your email address?

Thanks,
Boris

James K. Cope May 6, 2020

No. I am literally sending these emails to my personal email and auto-forwarding them back to my work. This is the only aspect of Jira that is failing. I get all notifications from schemes where applicable.

Stumped.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Can you let me know what version of NAFJ you're using? I know we fixed some bugs related to this type of behavior in the last couple of builds. 

James K. Cope May 11, 2020

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2020

Can you try upgrading to the latest version and seeing if the issue persists? Like I said we made some changes related to this in the last few releases.

Boris

James K. Cope May 11, 2020

I am a project admin - not a system admin. I will have coordinate the upgrade through my IT department. Will let you know. My workaround of sending the notifications to my personal email and auto-forwarding back to my work email is working in the meantime.

Thanks. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2020

That makes sense, but I am not sure how your employer would feel about work content being sent to your personal email. If you want to have your sysadmin contact us via https://atlasauthority.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/1/create/1 we would be happy to lend a hand in figuring this out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events