Not possible to filter issues with inSprint() function

Georgi Mitov February 3, 2013

Hi,

We have the latest version of the ScriptRunner plugin (2.1-BETA-8) and started using it for custom validation - works very nice, thanks!

However, we have an issue with the inSprint() function: Although correct board and sprint are specified as parameters, the function returns no results, even though there are issues in the sprint.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Thanks,

Georgi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Jamie,

First of all - thanks for your prompt reply!

Yes - both are specified by name - like this:

issueFunction in inSprint("Board-name", "Sprint-name")

where Board-name and Sprint-name are replaced with their real values.

However, the reason might be that we were having a custom field named "Sprint" already before start using Green Hopper. So now, the Green Hopper sprint field is named "Sprint_GH", while our previous sprint field is named "Sprint" ...

Maybe this is the source of the trouble?

If the above is indeed the case, would it be possible to base the queries in the Script Runner plugin code on field ID, instead on the field name? I guess other people / companies might run into similar issues ...

Thanks!

Update on the issue: I have renamed our internal "sprint" field to something else ("Sprint_int") and then renamed the Green Hopper sprint field to its default name - "Sprint".

This solved the issue.

Still, as we have many queries in Confluence which reference the old "Sprint" field, having a possibility to use the Field ID, instead its name would be appreciated.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Yeah, that will be the reason... I need to have a delve in the GH source to see how it chooses which Sprint field to use, then do the same.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

I've committed the fix for this, so it will be in the next release. I think you can "watch" the plugin in marketplace, so you'll get notified when it's released.

Thanks a lot for the fast reaction! Very much appreciated :)

I will be watching the pluging. Any idea when to expect the new release?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

Not long, just when I have something else worthwhile to add to the release. You can get a snapshot version with this fix from here https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/1212421/groovyrunner-2.1-BETA-9-SNAPSHOT.jar?api=v2

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

Hrm... you specified the board and sprint by name, right?

Do you have more than one custom field called Sprint?

What is the query that the board in question uses (Tools -> Configure).

We might need to discuss this off this list because I may need more info from you.

Also - what DBMS are you using? And can you check the log for errors...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events