• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not able to get the " =", "<" and ">" operator in JQL

Hi Team,

I have scripted field called "Risk Level(Calculated)

I have written down the script which populates the value of Risk Level(Calculated) depending on the formula.

When I write down the JQL such as:

Please find attached screenshot.

Please let me know the solution for this.

I need =,<,> operator for it.

Regards,

Neeta Jain

Risk level error.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Did you create the calculated field with ScriptRunner or JMCF?

Hi David,

I have created the calculated field with scriptrunner.

Regards,

Neeta Jain

Scriptrunner scripted fields have an "output template" which effectively tells Jira what type of field the result should be seen as.

For your field, I suspect, as John does, that you chose "text", and your code is returning something that Java can interpret as a string.

I think you need a numeric output, as you want to use larger than or less than.

To change over, you will need to:

1. Amend the scripted field definition, changing the output template to "numeric"
  2. You may need to amend the return value in your script.  The numeric template needs a number to come out, and your current code might be returning a string that contains a number  (This is a "maybe" because if your code is already returning a number, the text template can accept that and treat it as text - so if the answer is 42, the text template is converting it to a string with a 4 character and a 2 character in it)
  3. Go to the list of custom fields, find your Risk Level, and use "Edit" on it.  You will find the name of the field, a description and a "searcher" here.  Change the searcher to "number range"
  4. Re-index the system (background will do, or even just re-index the projects that use the field)

You will then be able to use >=< operators (but not ~ any more)

Like Vibin likes this

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your quick response.

It worked after changing it to Number range.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Neeta Jain

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote

Hi Neeta,

Based on the list that you see, I would say that your field (Risk level) is a text field and not a number field. Therefore you will not see the =, <, > operators. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - Spring 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

129 views 3 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you