No way to leave an internal comment in automation rule

Petr A April 23, 2021

Hi there!
There is a problem, I don't see the possibility to change comment in rules from external to internal (it used to be like "share with customer").

The old rules that were created with these settings work fine, but the new ones no longer have the ability to comment with an internal comment.

Pls fix?

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hey @Petr A ,

when I go on to my cloud instance and look for the comment action I do still see the "share with customer" option under the more options

image.png

So by default it seems to be internal 

Petr A April 23, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

Thanks for your time!

Now I checked again and found out what tendency.

If the rule is for several projects, then this field is absent.
If for one project Service Desk, then the field is present.

Petr A April 23, 2021

So I think it's still a bug, if the automation team sees it, let it fix it :)

Mb then I have to create an request to support

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Absolutely, or at least there is no logic why it shouldn't be possible. (unless of course you want to link to Software project cause that doesn't have internal/external)

So from that point of view I can see their implementation.

But I would indeed suggest to open a request to support (https://support.atlassian.com/contact) and see what they come up with.

Petr A April 26, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

I contacted Support and recieved a link to the issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75257

Don't think it will be fixed soon, so there is a workaround:

Change rule to the "Single project" and do the needful, save, then change back to "Multi project".

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events